A majority of small and mid-sized business owners across the globe rely on QuickBooks to track their expenses, create invoices, pay bills, and handle other bookkeeping and accounting tasks. As it is amazing accounting software that perfectly assists companies to manage their finances better. But like other accounting software’s Quickbooks also has numerous mistakes that can at times hassle progress of work. One of the fundamental blunders is when users got an error message on the display screen which as “QuickBooks is not responding or QuickBooks has stopped working” when they tried to open the software. This type of error might be common for most users and thus to help you with this type of minor issue we are here with the best of the solutions.
Causes of “QuickBooks Not Responding” Error
There are a number of reasons which may be causing QuickBooks Desktop to stop working or simply trigger some actions that lead to the software not responding to any or every action that you perform.
So, if you are wondering about what are the major causes of the “QuickBooks Not Responding Error”, then here is the list of factors that affects the most:
- The given company name is too long and causing limitation errors which eventually leading the software to crash.
- The software might have the corrupted or disintegrated QWBUSER.INI file missing from the system.
- The hard drive on which the data and the software are installed might be damaged.
- The operating system of the computer has been damaged or corrupted in some manner.
- The windows operating system that you are using is damaged.
- The QuickBooks Desktop application has not been installed correctly or the installer was corrupted from the beginning.
- Some Anti-virus program or window defender system has not recognized QuickBooks as safe software.
Symptoms of “QuickBooks Not Responding” Error
If you see the following symptoms on your software then make sure to immediately resolve it, as your PC might be at risk.
- The system shuts down immediately
- Device freezes and doesn’t respond to any input command
- QB desktop does not open
- The application stops working all of a sudden
Methods to Fix Quickbooks Not Responding Error
Follow the guidebook instructions to get off this type of QuickBooks software error. But before going through the methods, you need to perform these common steps as under:
- Restart your personal device on which you are experiencing the issue.
- Once the device has rebooted, open QuickBooks accounting software by using shortcut keys:
Start>> All Programs>> Right-click on QuickBooks software, then press Ctrl key to open the application in a safe mode window
After completion of the above-guided steps, perform these methods:
Method 1: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool (QBInstall Tool)
- Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and save the file to the local desktop.
- Now, close all open programs and run QBInstall Tool and wait for at least 20 minutes.
- Once it is done, restart your pc and ensure the components are properly updated.
Method 2: Go for the QuickBooks Refresher (QBRefresher) Tool
- Close all QuickBooks Desktop versions and download the QuickBooks Refresher Tool.
- Once it is downloaded, save the file on your desktop.
- Now, run the QBRefresher tool and wait for few minutes.
- Re-open QuickBooks Desktop and use the software.
If this method won’t work for you to go for the next step.
Method 3: Assign a Different Name of QWBUSER.ini File
- To start with, open the folder where the QBWUSER.ini file is saved: \Users\[Your user name]\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]
- If you can’t see the folder, you might need to enable hidden files and folders. Then right-click the QBWUSER.ini file and select Rename.
- Now, add .old at the end of the file name (as in QBWUSER.ini.old) and rename the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- At last, reopen QuickBooks Desktop.
Method 4: Reinstall QuickBooks by Using Clean Install
A Clean Install tool completely removes QuickBooks installation files and folders from your computer. This process is necessary when QuickBooks Desktop function is damaged or corrupted. To do this process, uninstall the application and then reinstall your QuickBooks by using Clean Install.
Method 5: Create A New Windows Admin User
You can create a new windows admin user account when your windows installation is completely damaged.
- To begin the process, press the ‘Start’ button and then open the ‘Control Panel’.
- Click on ‘Add or remove user accounts’ link and wait for a few seconds to open the ‘Manage Accounts’ dialog box.
- Once it is done, click to ‘Create a New Account’ and type the ‘Account Name’ and choose ‘Create Admin account’.
- Finally, you are done.