QuickBooks Error H202 is associated with QuickBooks multiuser operational mode. In simpler terms, error H202 occurs when a user tries to access a QuickBooks company file placed on another computer, and her copy of QuickBooks cannot reach the server on that computer. If you see Error H202 on your computer display when trying to switch into multi-user mode, then follow the steps for best results.
What Causes QuickBooks Error H202?
Error H505 is the most common error which mostly happens when QuickBooks Desktop is unable to communicate with the server. Some of the primary reasons that trigger this error are listed here below –
- Incorrect hosting settings.
- Damaged or wrong DNS configuration settings.
- QuickBooks is unable to get the Host’s or server’s IP address.
- QBCFMonitor or QuickBooksDBXX services are not running.
- Damaged QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Depending upon the exact cause of QuickBooks error code H202, there could be multiple solutions to fix the error, as presented in the following section down-below.
Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error H202 –
There are several solutions available to resolve QuickBooks Error H202 few of them are provided down below:
Solution 1: Check Network Connectivity
When working on the QuickBooks server to fix H505 error, you are required to sign in into your QuickBooks account as an administrator.
- To begin with, open QuickBooks on your server computer and complete the login process.
- Now, explore the File menu and select the option Utilities.
- On your computer screen, if you see the option “Host Multi-User Access” then, select it.
- Now, press the window key and enter “This PC” on the QuickBooks Host computer.
- From the left-side window panel, double-click the Network option to verify all the visible networks.
- Now, Put CMD in the provided text field and tap on the Ok.
- Then, from your workstation, ping your server by typing_[servername] and then click the Enter key.
Note: Note: Brackets used in the “server name” should not be used while performing this step.
If in case, you get a slow reply from the QuickBooks customer support, or if a loss of a packet is detected, it simply implies that there is some problem with the network and a repair is required.
Solution 2: Edit or Change Your Company File Location
Sometimes, a typical company file location also creates the cause of QuickBooks Error H202. At the time, one should seek these steps:
- Login to your QuickBooks software and create New Folder to save your company file on your computer. (It is advised to keep your company file in Drive C).
- Now, select the company file from the existing company file folder and on your keyboard press Ctrl + C to copy.
- In the next step, go to the New Company file folder and press Ctrl + V on your keyboard to paste the copied company file.
- After this, try to open the file in multi-user mode.
If you face any difficulty with the above-guided steps and find it hard to understand t technical terms, call us on our QuickBooks Helpline Phone Number to get the prompt solution.