QuickBooks Error 6000 83 is a major trouble-causing issue occurs when a user tries to open, restore, or restore a QuickBooks company files. But, you need not worry as here we are going to discuss the symptoms and causes of errors and various solutions to fix the issue quickly.
Leading Causes of QuickBooks Error 6000 83
Listed below are several major causes that can lead to QuickBooks Error 6000 83:
- Missing or Damaged Company file or folder.
- Browser doesn’t support QuickBooks files.
- Permissions for windows users and network server are insufficient.
- The incorrect file extension.
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks software.
- Incorrect Windows Regional Language Settings
Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 83
There are several different methods available for the users. All you need to do is follow the step-by-step instructions of the guidebook to fix the error:
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor is a prominent tool which can help you fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000 83. Just download the software from the Intuit website and run it properly. Important Note: Depending on your company file size, the process may take a little while for completion.
Solution 2: Try to Manually Fix QuickBooks 6000 83 Error
- Update your older QuickBooks version with the latest one.
- Configure the changes on your installed Firewall or security software settings to access QuickBooks files over the internet.
- Verify or edit the permissions, so that company files can be shared.
- Use QuickBooks Database Server Manager to verify the hosting mode.
- Scan the folder (twice) where your company file has been saved so that you can create the Network Descriptor file.
Solution 3: Stop the Hosting Mode on All User Computers by Using Turn Off Mode
- Explore File in QuickBooks, and hover over Utilities.
- Now, if you see the option which states “Host Multi-User Access” don’t select it and move on the next work station.
- After this, select Stop Hosting Multi-User Access and repeat the steps on all computers except one that hosts the company file.
Check out: Most Common Quickbooks Errors Codes
Solution 4: Edit/Change your Windows Hosts File
If the above-listed steps don’t work for you, go to one of your workstations and follow the instructions to edit your Windows hosts file:
- Press Windows + R to open the Run window and type cmd.
- Hit the Enter key to open a Command Prompt window. Then type ipconfig /all and press Enter.
- In the next step, take a note of the Host Name to complete the process.
- Now, close QuickBooks and on the server, select the Start menu and then Computer.
- After this, select one of the either:
- Now, double-click the host’s file and choose Notepad (if you are asked to choose a program).
- Finally, enter the IP address followed by Computer Name to complete the process.
Note: When entering this IP address, use the Tab key on your keyboard instead of the space bar to separate the IP address and computer name. The above-given solutions will help you to fix the QuickBooks Error 6000 83. If in case you still unable to resolve the error, without wasting any time call us at QuickBooks 24/7 Support Number to get technical assistance on-time.