QuickBooks is widely used accounting software by small businesses integrated with advanced features and tools that provide immense help in the effortless management of regular accounting and financial tasks. While this is the most promising accounting software, however, sometimes users might face QuickBooks Error 1328 while they tried to update or install QuickBooks in their supporting device. In recent times, QuickBooks Error code 1328 is the most common update error reported by the QuickBooks Users.
What is QuickBooks Error 1328? And What Triggers This Issue?
QuickBooks Update Error 1328 occurs while repairing, updating, installing or uninstalling QuickBooks accounting software. The error will be displayed on your pc/laptop screen in different ways but the file reference of these types of errors has the same path which is C:\config.msi\.
The config.msi folder is a temporary source for storing data that are needed to rollback and software installation if it fails. The contents of this folder are deleted right after the application is installed correctly. Sometimes if this content cannot be removed, it causes problems with QuickBooks ability to update or repair itself.
Common Reasons That Triggers QuickBooks Error 1328 –
- Facing trouble while downloading the software
- The QuickBooks software has been damaged or corrupted due to some unknown reasons.
- Network error while trying to download and install the software.
- Several malfunctions have arrived at your computer.
- There may be include incorrect and faced software installation.
- The uninstalling of your QuickBooks accounting software that may have left invalid entries in your Windows registry.
- There might be some consequences related to virus scanning or malware attack.
- Improper system shutdown takes place due to power failure.
Prominent Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error 1328
Below are the reliable methods that can be followed to fix the QuickBooks Update Error 1328. If you get QuickBooks Update Error 1328 on your computer/laptop screen, it is always recommended to resolve the issue as soon as possible to continue working on QuickBooks.
Method 1: Trace the config.msi file
Pursue the steps below:
- To begin with, right-click the Start key and then go for the Explore option.
- After this, double-click on the ‘C’ drive, then tap on the Tools and then select Folder.
- In the next step, click on the View option in the toolbar and then choose All hidden files as well as folders.
- Click to Apply and then hit the Ok button.
- Now, operate all necessary system files and then make a right-click on config.msi & select the Rename option.
- At the end of the file name, add .old and click the Enter key.
- And you are done.
Hence, by applying this method you will be able to hide and protect your operating system files again on your operating device.
Method 2: Use Registry Repair Tool
If the above-mentioned step doesn’t work for you, try this one.
- To start with applying any repair registered tool application and recover the damaged registry entries that directed related to the QuickBooks application.
- Now, you need to use a Malware removal tool, to fix any type of malware infection, and get rid of Malware from your computer device.
- It is also important to remove all the unwanted or junk files from your operating device. To do so, just tap your Windows+R key and type %temp% to remove all the junk files from your device.
- Uninstall all the outdated PC Device Drivers is also an essential part.
- Also, restore to ‘Undo’ recent system changes and apply the Windows system.
- Uninstall your QuickBooks software and after sometimes reinstall it.
- Run the Windows System File Checker (“SFC/scannow”) is also a great option to do.
- Lastly, you are required to install all the essential Windows Updates on your device.
Method 3: Fix your Windows Installation Process
- To do so, log on to Windows as an Administrator.
- In the next step, open your Windows Control Panel and select the Programs and Features option available out there.
- Locate QuickBooks in the list, select it, and then go for the option, which says ‘Uninstall’ by selecting the appropriate button.
- After this, when the QuickBooks uninstaller appears, select the Repair option and then Run QuickBooks repair on your system.
- At last, you will need to apply the security patch when the repair completes.
Method 4: Reinstall QuickBooks Software by doing a Clean Installation
- To begin with, uninstall the QuickBooks.
- After this, make a clean installation of the QuickBooks software, to do so the process, select one of the provided options:
- Install QuickBooks directly from the installation CD.
- Install QuickBooks through a downloaded file.
- Once the option is selected, download and install QuickBooks for further use.
Hopefully, the above-discussed methods would help you in resolving and fix the QuickBooks Error 1328. However, if you want a quick recovery option, without following these steps, you can contact QuickBooks Helpline Number for help.